Peanut butter and jelly is a classic; it's sweet and creamy, and the favorite sandwich of many. These bars pay homage to all that goodness by combining all those flavors into a dessert. Fresh raspberries and raspberry jelly stand in for the classic grape jelly, a layer of chocolate is thrown into the mix, and it's all sandwiched between two layers of peanut butter oat crumble.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Raspberry Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your hands, and mix in the coconut oil and the peanut butter until the dough just comes together. The dough should not be crumbly and should stick together.
- Gently press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the raspberry filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the raspberries, jam, and vanilla. Lightly mash with a fork.
- Spread this mixture over the baked crust and then sprinkle about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the raspberry layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for another 22-25 minutes or until the top has lightly browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool and refrigerate for two hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe is inspired by Texanarin Baking.