Peanut butter and jelly is a classic; it's sweet and creamy, and the favorite sandwich of many. These bars pay homage to all that goodness by combining all those flavors into a dessert. Fresh raspberries and raspberry jelly stand in for the classic grape jelly, a layer of chocolate is thrown into the mix, and it's all sandwiched between two layers of peanut butter oat crumble.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Raspberry Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Peanut Butter Raspberry Bars [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
How to Prepare Chocolate Peanut Butter Raspberry Bars [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Using your hands, and mix in the coconut oil and the peanut butter until the dough just comes together. The dough should not be crumbly and should stick together.
- Gently press 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the raspberry filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the raspberries, jam, and vanilla. Lightly mash with a fork.
- Spread this mixture over the baked crust and then sprinkle about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over the raspberry layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Bake for another 22-25 minutes or until the top has lightly browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool and refrigerate for two hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe is inspired by Texanarin Baking.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.