These wonderfully fudgy brownies are elevated by the decadent peanut butter swirl on top! But if you like to stay away from unhealthy desserts, have no fear. The brownies are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and oil-free! Amazing, we know. Avocado works wonders in this recipe and helps keep the brownies as fudgy as possible while dates and maple syrup naturally sweeten.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (oats ground in a blender of food processor)
- 8-10 large soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 avocado (also can substitute smashed banana, sweet potato, or pumpkin purée)
- 2/3 chopped vegan dark chocolate bar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Grease a brownie pan with coconut oil and set aside.
Melt 1/2 of the chopped dark chocolate in the microwave at 15-second intervals.
Combine all ingredients together in a food processor excluding 1/2 of the chopped dark chocolate.
Pour batter and smooth into the prepared brownie pan with a spatula.
Pour the creamy peanut butter in lines into the unbaked brownies and create swirl patterns with the tip of a sharp knife, cake tester, or a toothpick.
Top with remaining chopped chocolate.
Bake at 325°F for 18-22 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve immediately or place in an air tight container.