These raw chocolate-orange snow balls are beyond easy to thrown together, simply blend all of the ingredients, roll into balls, and you’re done! Loaded with healthy fats to keep your skin protected against the harsh winter cold, and protein to aid in recovering after your new-year-new-me workout sessions, these decadent little truffles have it all.
Chocolate Orange Snowballs [Vegan, Raw]
- 2/3 cups oats, ground
- 2/3 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Blitz in a high speed blender your oats until they’re a fine powder.
- Add to the blender your cashews, vanilla, salt, cacao powder, coconut, and orange extract, blend to combine.
- Add your dates to the blender and blend until a “dough” ball forms.
- Remove your dough ball from the blender and knead in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Using a tbsp measure portion the dough into 20 pieces and roll these into balls.
- Coat with coconut butter, coconut shreds, orange zest, or cacoa powder and keep in the fridge or the freezer.