Oatmeal is one of the most used ingredients in breakfasts and to prepare healthy and satisfying snacks. The best option is energy bars, since you can customize them and add the ingredients that you like the most and they are very easy to take to work, school, gym or for a vegan picnic. These oatmeal and chocolate with nuts energy bars are very quick to make and are delicious, perfect for chocolate lovers.
Chocolate Oatmeal and Nut Energy Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 5-6 dates
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- 4 tablespoons raw peanuts
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes. After soaking, drain them well.
- Heat a pan and toast the oatmeal for 3-4 minutes. Don't stop stirring so they do not burn.
- In the blender, mix the dates with the peanut butter until they are well mixed. If it is too thick and does not mix well, add a little water.
- Mix the toasted oatmeal with the date paste until the ingredients are well integrated.
- Cover a square or rectangular mold with baking paper and place the oat dough inside. Level it by pressing with your hands or a spoon. Put the mold in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave and pour it on the base of oatmeal.
- Mix the peanuts, raisins and hemp seeds and spread them evenly over the chocolate. Let cool until the chocolate is hard.
- Remove the bars from the mold and cut into bars.