This peanut butter pie is complemented by chocolate because: chocolate. The addition of almond flour and tofu (plus the peanuts and peanut butter, of course) provide a wealth of protein to this decadent treat. If you prefer a firm fudgy texture, keep the pie in the freezer; for a softer, creamier texture, keep it in the refrigerator.
Chocolate-Kissed Peanut Butter Pie [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups (129 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (22 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (80 g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) neutral-tasting vegetable oil, such as avocado oil , plus more as needed
For the Filling:
- 1 cup (175 g) vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 (12-ounce [340 g]) package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup (260 g) creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (106 g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup (88 g) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon neutral-tasting vegetable oil, such as avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (36 g) crushed unsalted dry roasted Peanuts
- Line a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper.
- To make the crust, in a food processor, combine the flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and oil. Blend until crumbly and well mixed. If the mixture doesn’t hold together when pinched between your fingers, add up to 1 tablespoon (15 ml) additional oil. Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate or freeze for 4 hours, or until firm.
- To make the drizzle, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. If not completely melted, microwave again for 10 seconds at a time until melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the pie and sprinkle with the crushed peanuts. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Peanut Butter