Ever have an intense sweets craving, but no time or means to bake? Try these no bake brownies! Intense espresso paired with cacao makes for a decadent dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Best of all, it's made of dates, so you can indulge without feeling too guilty!
Chocolate Espresso No-Bake Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- A pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons freshly made espresso
- 1/2 ounce cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- Crushed macadamia nuts, for decoration
- Boil the kettle and add 1/2 cup boiling water to the dates in a small bowl. Allow to soak. Add the chia seeds to the dates to allow for them to swell.
- In a food processor, blitz the walnuts and macadamia nuts for a few seconds.
- Place the blitzed nuts into a mixing bowl and add the almond meal, raw cacao, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the dates have softened, blitz them in the food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add this paste to the nut and cacao bowl, and mix.
- Add the espresso and melted coconut oil, and mix thoroughly. Get your hands dirty if you have to.
- Lay out evenly in a lined deep dish, pressing down with the back of a tablespoon.
- Sprinkle over the crushed macadamia nuts, and place into the freezer to set overnight.
- Cut into even squares and keep in a sealed container in the freezer for up to four days.