Chocolate and cheesecake are natural besties, which makes the invention of chocolate covered cheesecake bites a no brainer. Creamy and rich on the inside, sweet and decadent on the outside and all without a bit of dairy. Plus, they come together so easily that the challenge is only eating one!
Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites [Vegan]
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- A pinch of kosher salt
For the Chocolate:
- 4 ounces dark unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (optional)
How to Prepare Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites [Vegan]
- Soak the cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes (or warm water for 3 hours). Drain and discard the water.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the cheesecake and process until smooth. Taste for any necessary adjustments. Fill the 6 compartments of a silicone mold with the cheesecake. Freeze for several hours.
- In a small saucepan, add the chocolate and coconut oil (and agave, if desired). Melt over low heat while stirring. If the chocolate seizes, add a bit more coconut oil or milk. Transfer the chocolate to a bowl.
- Gently remove the cheesecake bites from the mold. Using a fork or two spoons (my desired method), cover the cheesecake bites in chocolate and put on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for several hours until the chocolate sets. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1603 | Total Carbs: 85 g | Total Fat: 146 g | Total Protein: 34 g | Total Sodium: 671 g | Total Sugar: 30 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.