These banana pops are just bananas, a two-ingredient chocolate coating, plus your favorite toppings! I used all sorts of toppings – cane sugar, fresh raspberry pieces, cacao nibs, granola, pecans and coconut. You have two options when making these banana pops: 1) Use already frozen bananas – which allows you to eat them right away, but causes the chocolate to harden very quickly, which means you have to work fast to get the toppings on in time or 2) Use non-frozen bananas. With this approach, you have to wait at least 4 hours for the bananas to freeze in the freezer but you have more time to play around with the toppings as the chocolate won’t harden as quickly.
Totally Yummy Chocolate-Covered Banana Pops [Vegan]
- 3 bananas, cut in half
- 6 popsicle sticks
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Cut your ripe bananas in half and insert popsicle stick in center of each banana. Place them in the freezer in a Ziplock bag for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once bananas are frozen, prepare chocolate coating. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave (in 30 second intervals) or in small pot over the stove - make sure not to burn the chocolate!
- Decide what toppings you want and make sure to have them laid out and ready.
- Remove frozen bananas from freezer and place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Pour the melted chocolate over frozen banana with a spoon and quickly add toppings before it freezes! Repeat with the rest of the bananas and enjoy immediately or place back in the freezer for frozen treats anytime.
Make sure the bananas are ripe with the brown spots so they are extra sweet!