These Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls make a wonderfully delicious, quick, easy, and healthy snack. They’re dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, Paleo, vegan and could be made nut-free.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt
- For the Cookie Dough: Throw all ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine. Roll into balls, place on a parchment paper lined baking dish, and store in the freezer or fridge to firm up while you prepare the chocolate coating
- For the Chocolate Coating: Melt coconut oil over low heat if it’s not liquid. Remove from heat and add the cacao powder. Stir until smooth and no lumps remain. Add the maple syrup and stir to get an even chocolate mixture
- Assemble: Take out the cookie dough balls from the freezer, dip them into the chocolate coating, sprinkle with sea salt, and place back on the parchment paper. The chocolate sets quickly since the balls are chilled. Repeat the process a second time if desired for a thicker chocolate coating. Return back to the freezer or fridge for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to firm up. Store leftovers in the fridge for about a week or the freezer for months. Enjoy!