An easy chocolate coconut granola recipe. This granola is made with 10 ingredients and 1 bowl in less than 15 minutes of preparation. It also happens to be vegan and gluten-free!
Chocolate Coconut Granola [Vegan]
- 3 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 cup cashews, raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Toasted coconut chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet (or 2 medium baking sheets) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, cashews, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, hemp hearts, and salt. Stir to combine.
- To the same bowl, add maple syrup, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir all the ingredients together until the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking sheet(s) and spread it into a single layer. Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing at the 20-minute mark. The more spread out your granola is, the less time it will take to crisp up.
- Once the granola is slightly crispy, remove it from the oven and let it cool on the baking sheet. It will continue to get crispier as it cools down. Once completely cooled, stir in some chocolate chips and/or toasted coconut chips if desired.
- Serve with yogurt or plant-based milk of choice, on top of smoothie bowls, oatmeal, or eat it by the handful.