This classic chocolate coconut candy bar has been given a healthy makeover! These seriously addictive bars need just four ingredients, and they satisfy the sweet tooth!
Chocolate Coconut Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2–3 cups nondairy chocolate chips of choice (see note)
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl or in a small pan on the stove, combine the coconut butter with maple syrup and mix very well. Alternatively, if the coconut butter is already smooth and creamy, simply whisk with the syrup.
- Add the coconut and mix very well until fully combined. Pour mixture into the lined pan and press firmly into place. Refrigerate until firm.
- Use a slightly wet knife and slice into 12 bars. Refrigerate again for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl or in a small pan on the stove over low heat, melt the chocolate chips. Remove the coconut bars and, using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate until fully covered. Continue doing so until all the bars are covered in chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.
For a thicker chocolate coating, use around 3 cups of chocolate chips, or drizzle excess melted chocolate over the tops. The recipe uses 2 cups of chocolate chips. These bars can keep at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 2 weeks.