The best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! These vegan cookies are thick, chewy, and loaded with chocolate! No one would ever guess that these chocolate chip cookies are made with no butter or eggs.
Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) avocado oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk (or any type of plant based milk)
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (110 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces (170 g) dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- 2/3 cup (80 g) walnuts, chopped optional
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, almond milk, and sugars until combined. Add the vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until there are no more dry spots.
- Once the cookie dough comes together, add the chopped chocolate and walnuts (if using). Fold until they are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours and up to 24 hours. *Note: Do NOT skip this step!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After the cookie dough has chilled, use a cookie scoop to form 1½ tablespoon size cookie dough balls. Arrange the cookie cookie dough balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets, making sure to leave 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in your preheated oven for 11-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are slightly underbaked. Cool on the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chocolate Chip