These Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies are the ultimate vegan treat! They’re the perfect balance between soft, chewy and packed with delicious vegan caramel! Who isn't an absolute sucker for chocolate chip cookies, especially if they also have caramel chunks in the and a bit of salt pieces on top?
Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan caramel chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the softened (not melted) vegan butter and sugar in a bowl. Use a whisk or hand mixer to combine until crumbly. Add in the soy milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract and continue whisking.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt and combine into a smooth batter with a spatula. Add in the vegan chocolate chips and caramel chunks and combine.
- Take a melon or ice cream scoop, form small cookie balls (I’ve made around 15) and place them on the baking sheet, a few inches apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, then let cool down slightly before serving.