No-cook Dark Chocolate Avocado Pudding with Coconut and Bananas is so good and so easy it might become your new go-to chocolate pudding recipe.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding With Coconut and Bananas [Vegan]
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, pits and skin removed
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, at least 70% dark, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup natural, liquid sweeter
- 1/4 cup sorghum syrup (or any natural, liquid sweeter)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or nut milk)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chopped roasted almonds as a topping (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a heavy duty blender or a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.
- If using a blender, mix on high speed, stopping to stir the ingredients, pressing chunks of avocado and banana down towards the blade every 10 seconds or so. Continue blending until all the ingredients have combined into a smooth, creamy chocolate pudding. If necessary, thin with a bit more coconut milk.
- If using a food processor, pulse a few times to chop the avocado and banana. Scrape down the inside of the bowl and process on high speed until all the ingredients have combined into a smooth, creamy chocolate pudding. Stop as necessary to scrape down the sides of the bowl and thin with additional coconut milk if necessary.
- If desired, sprinkle a few chopped roasted almonds, or other nut, over each serving.
- This chocolate avocado pudding can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.