This chocolate and sprout smoothie is great for those moments when you really crave some chocolate, but would like to keep your treat healthy. Raw cacao is full of antioxidants and sprouts are a concentrated source of calories and provide you with enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Though this combination may seem quite unusual, this shake is delicious and is super-easy to make.
Chocolate and Sprout Smoothie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana, preferably frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup sunflower, clover or broccoli sprouts
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Serve at once.
Cacao contains caffeine, so if you are very sensitive to it, avoid this smoothie in the afternoon.