Transform Chinese long beans and peppers into a flavorful dish with this stir-fry recipe! The vegetables are cooked in a spice paste made from peppers, shallots, garlic, nuts, and ginger and the coconut milk create a tasty broth. Serve with a piece of crunchy bread so that you can soak up all of the deliciousness!
Chinese Long Bean Stir-Fry [Vegan]
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 red Anaheim peppers, thinly sliced diagonally
- 10.5 ounces snake bean, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
For the Spice Paste:
- 3 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 red cayenne pepper
- 1 red Anaheim pepper
- 2 candlenuts or macadamia nuts
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry spice paste and bay leaf until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Anaheim peppers and stir until wilted, another 1 minute.
- Add the snake bean and season with palm sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Keep cooking until the sauce is slightly reduced and some oily sheen has formed, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
what is: 4 red cayenne pepper, is it 4 tsp or what