What is more comforting than a big bowl of oil free baked sweet potato wedges? We can't think of anything either. Easy, effortless, simple, and perfectly seasoned, these wedges are going to become a weekly favorite. Serve them alongside a veggie burger, enjoy them as a snack with avocado dip, or squeeze some lemon on top for a refreshing side.
Chili Lime Baked Sweet Potato Wedges [Vegan]
For the Fries:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
For the Spice Mixture:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Extra lime wedges, for squeezing
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil shiny side down.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges.
- Mix the spice mixture in a small bowl.
- Place the wedges on the baking sheet and sprinkle the spice mixture over them, use your hands to gently toss the wedges around until they are coated in the spice mixture on both sides.
- Place with the skin side touching the baking sheet and place them in the oven for 45 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before they are done baking prepare the dip. If the avocado is ripe enough you should be able to just add the avocado, lime juice and chili powder to a small bowl and use a fork to mash it together, if you want it a more creamy texture, then add the avocado, lime juice, and chili powder to a mini food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the wedges from the oven, let them cool, and serve.