These chickpea sauerkraut salad wraps are super easy to make, free of oil and gluten, and are perfect for an on-the-go meal! They have the perfect kick from the sauerkraut, creaminess from the tahini, and crunch from the celery. Not only that, all of the flavors merry so well together and they make eating on-the-go so much more exciting than a peanut butter and jelly would.
Chickpea Sauerkraut Salad Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Sauerkraut Salad Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dulse flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp dried chives
- 3 wraps of choice (gluten-free as needed)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 cups spinach
How to Prepare Chickpea Sauerkraut Salad Wraps [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add the tahini. Using a potato masher or the back of a fork, mash the chickpeas up until almost smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Warm your wraps up in the microwave in a clean dish towel for 30-40 seconds or until soft and pliable.
- Divide the shredded carrots and spinach amongst the wraps, along with the chickpea sauerkraut salad. Serve immediately .
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.