Chickpea lettuce wraps with peanut sauce and mango are bursting with flavor. These colorful vegan lettuce wraps are an easy weeknight meal that is both healthy and filling. They require no cooking - just chop and assemble for an easy meal in under 30 minutes.
Chickpea Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos for soy-free
- 4 tablespoons warm water
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 mangoes peeled and chopped
- 3 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 green onions white and green parts, chopped
- Make the peanut sauce: combine all ingredients for the peanut dressing in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add more water a teaspoon at a time to create a smooth, pourable sauce.
- Chop the pepper, mango, cilantro, and green onion and place on a platter alongside the chickpeas. Wash the lettuce leaves, pat them dry and place on another platter. Place platters and peanut sauce in the middle of the table and have fun assembling the lettuce wraps! Drizzle with peanut sauce and enjoy!