Here is a gluten-free vegetable pizza that will wow your taste buds. Pizza from chickpea flour is amazingly crispy. In place of the traditional tomato sauce, you have a cream hummus. And a few more tasty additions: dried tomatoes, arugula, olives and chickpeas BBQ style.
Chickpea Flour Pizza with Hummus, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Rocket [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of water or more if needed
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil + a small amount for spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 dried tomatoes
- 8-12 black olives
- 1/2 cup of boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of vegan barbecue sauce
- 1 red onion
- a few mint leaves
- olive oil, to taste
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpea flour, olive oil, water and salt. Stir until the ingredients mix thoroughly. The dough should be sticky.
- Arrange the baking tray with baking paper and lightly oil it. Spread the mass into a round cake.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn over.
- Spread hummus over the entire surface, and top with dried tomatoes, onions, olives and BBQ chickpeas. Put back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with rocket and mint. Add a small amount of olive oil, such as herbal or chili oils.