Here is a gluten-free vegetable pizza that will wow your taste buds. Pizza from chickpea flour is amazingly crispy. In place of the traditional tomato sauce, you have a cream hummus. And a few more tasty additions: dried tomatoes, arugula, olives and chickpeas BBQ style.
Chickpea Flour Pizza with Hummus, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Rocket [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Flour Pizza with Hummus, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Rocket [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup of water or more if needed
- 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil + a small amount for spreading
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 dried tomatoes
- 8-12 black olives
- 1/2 cup of boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup of vegan barbecue sauce
- 1 red onion
- a few mint leaves
- olive oil, to taste
How to Prepare Chickpea Flour Pizza with Hummus, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Rocket [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpea flour, olive oil, water and salt. Stir until the ingredients mix thoroughly. The dough should be sticky.
- Arrange the baking tray with baking paper and lightly oil it. Spread the mass into a round cake.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn over.
- Spread hummus over the entire surface, and top with dried tomatoes, onions, olives and BBQ chickpeas. Put back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with rocket and mint. Add a small amount of olive oil, such as herbal or chili oils.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.