This vegan Chickpea and Mushroom Burger is so delicious and will impress vegans and non-vegans alike! It's made with simple ingredients and is a great way to sneak in legumes if you have picky eaters in the household.
Chickpea and Mushroom Burger [Vegan]
For the Burger:
- 10.2 ounces boiled chickpeas
- 3.7 ounces ground oats
- 5.3 ounces white mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- .53 ounces parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- bread, tomato, lettuce, onion
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mash the chickpeas and mushrooms in a blender. parsley and garlic. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the ground oats. Season with salt and pepper, add the onion powder, the cumin, the lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- First, mix with a spoon and then I work the mixture with my hands to make a homogeneous dough.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for 2 hours to cool and tighten the dough. Then, take it out of the fridge and shape it into 4 burgers.
- Spread them with the rest of the oil and bake them on the grill for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Beat the ingredients of the sauce in a bowl. Spread the inside of the buns with the sauce and I put the burger, the tomato, a little lettuce, and onion slices.