These burger came out really, really well and are actually pretty simple to make. You basically just throw it all in a bowl together and mash it up. Just be sure you don’t leave these burgers in the oven too long, or they'll dry out. Enjoy!
Chicken-less Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chicken-less Burgers [Vegan]
For the Burger:
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon 'poultry' seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Breading:
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Poultry Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
How to Prepare Chicken-less Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Place the chickpeas in food processor and pulse until all are broken up and pasty. Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix well with the remaining burger ingredients. Knead a couple of times with your hand to make sure everything is well combined, then divide into 6 equal portions. Flatten and stretch each piece into burger or schnitzel shapes.
- Mix up the breading ingredients in a shallow bowl, then press each burger into mix to coat each side with breadcrumbs, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way trough.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1657 | Total Carbs: 155 g | Total Fat: 56 g | Total Protein: 138 g | Total Sodium: 2768 g | Total Sugar: 8 g (Per Serving) Calories: 276 | Carbs: 26 g | Fat: 9 g | Protein: 23 g | Sodium: 461 g | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.