If you are always on the go and don’t have time to cook a healthy breakfast, then we have the recipe for you. It’s a cherry vanilla overnight oatmeal that requires just a few ingredients and doesn’t need to be cooked. What’s great about this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and just eat it when you’re ready!
Cherry Vanilla Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy plain yogurt or 1 small container
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries seeded and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- In a bowl, add the oats, yogurt, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and hemp seeds and mix together.
- Divide the mixture between two half pint mason jars. Make sure to leave some room at the top of the jar for the toppings.
- Cover the mason jars with their lids and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, sprinkle the top of each jar with the cherries and almonds and enjoy right from the jar or pour out into a bowl.