A simple and quick treat for lunch or breakfast for your child (or yourself)!
Cherry Peanut Chia Pudding With Homemade ‘Milk’ [Vegan]
For the 'milk':
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice (ex. Brazil nut butter, almond, hazelnut, cashew, or even pumpkin seed butter)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder optional, for anti-inflammatory benefits
- 1 pinch black pepper optional, for anti-inflammatory benefits
For the pudding and toppings:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cherries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
For the milk:
Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. If you have a high-speed blender, use it!
For the pudding:
Place milk in a bowl, and whisk in the chia seeds. Allow this mixture to thicken, preferably overnight, but you can also enjoy after an hour. The chia seeds will soak up the milk and the pudding will form.
Top with peanut butter, cherries, and cacao nibs.