I love the simplicity of this soup. It's quick and easy to make from scratch, just the way I like it. I did use noni in the recipe, but nutritional yeast will also work well to give this a nice cheezy taste. That being said, if you access to fresh or fermented noni, it gives a nice sharp cheese like taste to the recipe.
Cheezy Tomato Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheezy Tomato Soup [Vegan]
- 6 large tomatoes - cored
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1/3 cup noni - or 1/2 cup nooch
- salt and pepper - to taste
How to Prepare Cheezy Tomato Soup [Vegan]
- In the blender, blend the tomatoes and coconut milk together until smooth.
- In a pot, water saute the onions and garlic, or you can also just blend into the base if you don't want any pieces. Add in the tomato-coconut mixture and cook down until thick, about 20-30 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add in the noni juice or nutritional yeast and season to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.