I love the simplicity of this soup. It's quick and easy to make from scratch, just the way I like it. I did use noni in the recipe, but nutritional yeast will also work well to give this a nice cheezy taste. That being said, if you access to fresh or fermented noni, it gives a nice sharp cheese like taste to the recipe.
Cheezy Tomato Soup [Vegan]
- 6 large tomatoes - cored
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1/3 cup noni - or 1/2 cup nooch
- salt and pepper - to taste
- In the blender, blend the tomatoes and coconut milk together until smooth.
- In a pot, water saute the onions and garlic, or you can also just blend into the base if you don't want any pieces. Add in the tomato-coconut mixture and cook down until thick, about 20-30 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add in the noni juice or nutritional yeast and season to taste.