Cheese with crackers is delicious. But have you ever tried cheese baked intro crackers? In this recipe, herby nut-based cheese is folded into turmeric-spiced oat-based dough and then baked. The result are some seriously cheesy and zesty crackers. Snack on!
Cheesy Turmeric Oat Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat bran
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small turmeric root, peeled
- 1/2 cup vegan nut-based herb cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 450°F and prepare a cookie sheet with grease and parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, oat bran, salt, baking powder, and onion powder and mix with a spoon.
- In a food processor, combine turmeric, vegan cheese, and oil, and whip until smooth.
- Now spoon the cheese mixture into the flour and mix well with your hands. Gradually add water until a soft dough is formed. The dough should be soft but not runny, you should be able to roll it.
- On the prepared cookie sheet, directly roll the dough with rolling pin as thin as possible without breaking it too much. Now cut into desired shape and sizes. With a fork gently press in the middle of each cracker.
- Now place the cookie sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Let the crackers cool then serve.