This cheesy tofu scramble is simple, filling and so delicious. Packed full of nutritional yeast cheesy flavor, you won't even notice that you are getting so much protein in one meal!
Cheesy Tofu Scramble [Vegan]
- One container of sprouted tofu
- Drizzle of olive oil for your pan
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- Chopped tomato
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated vegan cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon of each: garlic powder, cumin, turmeric and smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons of water to make the sauce
- Add a few drizzles of olive oil to your cast iron pan over medium heat. Promptly add your onion, jalapeño & bell pepper. Sauté until softened (about 4 minutes). Prepare your spices in a bowl and set aside.
- To add your tofu, remove from package and drain. No need to press it. Then start to crumble the tofu (see pics below) into the pan. Cook for about 6 or 7 minutes until the water from the tofu evaporates.
- Take your spice mixture and add water. Whisk until it a sauce-like consistency (thicker) and pour over the tofu. Stir to combine and allow to cook for another few minutes. In the meantime, grate your cheese. Then add that and the nutritional yeast to the pan. Stir thoroughly. Add your spinach & tomatoes cook until wilted. Top with fresh cilantro and promptly devour.