Super easy. Kid Friendly. Delicious. These sweet potato tots are a great snack filler – they taste sweet, cheesy, and "unhealthy," but are simply a combination of sweet potato, nutritional yeast, and spices.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Tots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cheesy Sweet Potato Tots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup nutritional yeast, plus additional to roll in
- 3 cups cooked sweet potato flesh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
How to Prepare Cheesy Sweet Potato Tots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Quarter sweet potatoes and bake for 45 minutes or until tender, but not fully soft.
- In a large bowl smash potatoes. Add in nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Scoop out mixture by the tablespoon, roll lightly in additional nutritional yeast, and place on a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Roll tots over and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.