Super easy. Kid Friendly. Delicious. These sweet potato tots are a great snack filler – they taste sweet, cheesy, and "unhealthy," but are simply a combination of sweet potato, nutritional yeast, and spices.
Cheesy Sweet Potato Tots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup nutritional yeast, plus additional to roll in
- 3 cups cooked sweet potato flesh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Quarter sweet potatoes and bake for 45 minutes or until tender, but not fully soft.
- In a large bowl smash potatoes. Add in nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Scoop out mixture by the tablespoon, roll lightly in additional nutritional yeast, and place on a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Roll tots over and bake an additional 10 minutes.