This easy, cheesy leek soup is the epitome of comfort food! Made from just six ingredients and in two easy steps, it’s an amazing way to warm your belly for lunch or dinner. Macadamia nuts give it a rich, creamy texture that is enhanced by cheesy nutritional yeast and balanced by the sharpness of the leeks. You'll want to lick your bowl for the very last drop.
Cheesy Leek Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot. Fry the leeks, onion, and garlic with a bit of coconut oil or use vegetable broth for oil-free cooking. Make sure they slightly brown, but don’t burn. While the leek is frying, combine broth and macadamias in a high-speed blender and blend until you have a really silky and smooth mixture.
- Transfer the macadamia mixture from the blender to the pot with leek, add all the remaining ingredients, and cook for around 8 minutes. Divide into bowls and serve, done.