You need very limited ingredients to make this delicious and filling pasta dish. Gnocchi is such a deceivingly simple dish! Give it a go!
Cheese and Tomato Gnocchi [Vegan]
- 9 cups potatoes (peeled and chopped into small chunks)
- 2 cups plain flour
- Mixed herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper to season
- Pasta sauce
- Boil the potatoes until soft enough to mash
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes, then add the seasonings (add as much as desired)
- Slowly add in the flour and mix until a dough forms, then leave until it’s cool enough to handle
- Roll the mixture into little balls (or for a faster – but less pretty way – roll into long sausages and use a knife to split it up into small sections) and keep going until all the mixture has been used up
- Then in boiling water, add about 1/3 of the balls and boil for 3-4 minutes until they all rise to the top, then take them out and repeat until all the gnocchi balls are cooked
- Mix into a sauce then enjoy!