This easy and healthy chai tea fruit loaf makes the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. This chai tea fruit loaf is loaded with warming spices and good for you ingredients. The great thing about this fruit loaf is that it has no refined sugar and it’s not too sweet. It is also easily made gluten-free by replacing the flour with buckwheat flour.
Chai Tea Fruit Loaf [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of cold chai tea
- 1 2/3 cups dried fruit
- 1 3/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 chia eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Soak the dried fruit in the cold tea for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- Add the "eggs" and mix until combined. Add the dried fruit mixture and then transfer to a prepared loaf tin Bake in a 350°F for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Chai Spice