For a unique dinner entrée, give these cauliflower "steaks" a try. Baked to crispy perfection and seasoned with paprika, coriander, and black pepper, they are zesty and flavorful. Sweet pea purée adds a delicious freshness to the dish as well.
Cauliflower Steaks With Sweet Pea Purée [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cauliflower Steaks With Sweet Pea Purée [Vegan]
For the Cauliflower:
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or water as needed
- Black pepper
For the Sweet Pea Purée:
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
How to Prepare Cauliflower Steaks With Sweet Pea Purée [Vegan]
To Make the Cauliflower Steaks:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the bottom core of the cauliflower.
- Stand it on its base and, starting in the middle, slice it in half. Then slice steaks about 3/4-inches thick.
- Place steaks on baking pan.
- Lightly coat the front and back of each steak with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, coriander, and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once at the 15-minute mark.
To Make the Sweet Pea Purée:
- Steam the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the peas and steam until hot (don’t overcook! you want to retain that beautiful color).
- Place vegetables, milk, and parsley in blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 585 | Total Carbs: 101 g | Total Fat: 8 g | Total Protein: 40 g | Total Sodium: 684 g | Total Sugar: 43 g Per Serving: Calories: 293 | Carbs: 51 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 342 mg | Sugar: 22 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.