Nuggets are a widely eaten snack or entree, although they are not a healthy and recommended food. However, these nuggets are a healthier option with low saturated fat content, since the main ingredient is cauliflower. These have a creamy and smooth texture inside and are crispy on the outside. To add a touch of different flavor and to mask a little the flavor of the cauliflower, there are spices and grated vegan cheese.
Cauliflower Nuggets [Vegan]
- 1 small cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons peas
- 5 tablespoons of grated vegan cheese
- 1 easpoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- oil for frying
- Separate the cauliflower into pieces and cook it in salt water for about 10 minutes until it is soft ("al dente"). Drain the cauliflower and crush it with a fork.
- Season the cauliflower with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Grate the cheese and add it to the cauliflower along with the peas. Knead until the ingredients are integrated.
- Take small portions with your hands, form balls and then crush them giving them the shape of nuggets. Coat each nugget of cauliflower with the bread crumbs on both sides.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry the nuggets until golden brown and remove the excess oil with paper towels. You can also bake the nuggets at 360°F for half an hour.