These cashew lettuce wraps are excellent to make for a quick snack or lunch!
Cashew Lettuce Wraps [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Lettuce Wraps [Vegan]
- 1 10-ounce package of meatless chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 head of butter lettuce, rinsed and separated into pieces for the wraps
- Chopped cilantro or parsley (to taste)
- Sliced green onions (to taste)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
For the Sauce:
How to Prepare Cashew Lettuce Wraps [Vegan]
- In a bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients until the sugar dissolves, then set aside.
- In a large stovetop skillet, cook the meatless chicken according to package instructions. Remove from skillet, let cool slightly, and dice.
- Set aside.
- In the now empty skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots, cooking for 3-5 minutes over medium heat or until onions are soft and translucent. Turn the heat down to medium, add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in the sauce and cashews and cook an additional 4-6 minutes. Add the diced chicken, cabbage and quinoa, stirring to combine before removing from the heat.
- Let cool slightly before spooning into lettuce wraps. Add chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley and sliced green onion to taste.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.