This cheese is easy to make with only a few ingredients! In a lot of the cheeses you get in supermarkets, you have tons of oil and starch, but hardly any protein. But this spreadable vegan herb cheese has all the nutrients from cashews nuts and a lot of protein.
Cashew Herb Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Spreadable Cheese Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon agar powder
- Mixed herbs
For the Optional ingredients:
- Cracked black pepper
- Add all cheese ingredients into a blender apart from the mixed herbs. Blend until you get a smooth texture (my smoothie blender works best for that).
- Then pour the mixture into a pan, add some mixed herbs, heat up, and cook for 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Now transfer the mixture into a tupperware dish, even it out and then let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until it has cooled down completely and set.
- Then take out of the fridge and upend the cheese.
- Spread on bread, oat cakes, or grapes.