Cashew coconut vanilla ice cream. A classic frozen treat with a twist. This vegan vanilla ice cream is made with a base of coconut milk and cashews. Churn it in an ice cream maker and you’ll get the creamiest vegan ice cream you've ever tasted. The first step (blending all of the ingredients in a blender) is super important. It makes the mixture nice and smooth, so that you get a silky ice cream at the end. The recipe is quite basic, but you can add any other flavor you want. You can also top it with chocolate sauce, fruit, cookies, or whatever else you desire. This vegan vanilla ice cream is sweetened only with dates, which also gives it a delicious flavor. While banana nice cream is delicious, nothing compares to homemade ice cream made in an ice cream maker––especially to this homemade vegan vanilla ice cream!
Cashew Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Cashew Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw or dry roasted, unsalted
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to Prepare Cashew Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start by freezing the bowl of your ice cream maker overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- When the bowl is frozen, prepare the ice cream: Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the bowl in the ice cream maker. Turn it on and pour the blended mixture into the ice cream maker.
- Churn for 25-30 minutes or until the ice cream is of soft serve consistency.
- Eat as a soft serve or transfer to a sealable container and freeze until firm, about 3-4 hours.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.