This delicious carrot halwa is made without any added sugar! It's flavored with cardamom and made creamy using coconut milk — and, if you can, use fresh coconut milk. It makes a world of difference. We recommend topping this pudding with some pistachios for a little bit of crunch!
Naturally Sweet Carrot Halwa [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Naturally Sweet Carrot Halwa [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup grated sweet carrot
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup powdered palm jaggery
- Dry nuts, such as pistachios, to garnish
How to Prepare Naturally Sweet Carrot Halwa [Vegan]
- Heat a pan or kadai. Add grated carrot and switch to low-medium flame. Stir well for 5 minutes until all the moisture is completely absorbed from carrot. Add coconut milk and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the milk level is reduced. Add powdered jaggery and cook for 5 more minutes or till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve either hot or cold.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.