This delicious carrot halwa is made without any added sugar! It's flavored with cardamom and made creamy using coconut milk — and, if you can, use fresh coconut milk. It makes a world of difference. We recommend topping this pudding with some pistachios for a little bit of crunch!
Naturally Sweet Carrot Halwa [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup grated sweet carrot
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup powdered palm jaggery
- Dry nuts, such as pistachios, to garnish
- Heat a pan or kadai. Add grated carrot and switch to low-medium flame. Stir well for 5 minutes until all the moisture is completely absorbed from carrot. Add coconut milk and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the milk level is reduced. Add powdered jaggery and cook for 5 more minutes or till the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve either hot or cold.