With cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of cloves, these Carrot Cookies are a tasty treat that you really don’t have to feel all that bad about. Yeah they’ve got sugar but they’ve also got the good stuff: Carrots, walnuts, flax and whole grain spelt flour. Not bad for a ‘treat.’
Carrot Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Carrot Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raw oatmeal
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter baking stick at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
How to Prepare Carrot Cookies [Vegan]
- In a small bowl combine your ground flax and water, give it a quick stir and set it aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your spelt flour, all purpose flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric stand mixer (or handheld mixer), cream your butter for about a minute on medium speed.
- Add your granulated and brown sugar to the butter and continue to mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add your vanilla and flax/ water combo. Beat for another minute or until well incorporated.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Add your carrots and walnuts and mix for another minute.
- Roll the cookie dough into little balls using approximately 1 1/2-2 tablespoons of dough per cookie and place on your cookie sheet. I use stone cookie sheets and can place them directly on the sheets. If you are using something else you may need to place parchment paper down first to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until bottom outer edges start to turn golden.
- Cool on baking racks before digging in!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 111 | Carbs: 15 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 2 g | Sodium: 68 mg | Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.