This recipe actually REALLY tastes like carrot cake!!! The secret for that is in the spices and the delicious and nutritious add-ons, like maca and mesquite powder that gives a hint of sweetness and make it taste super decadent without adding any refined sugar to it!
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo, No Refined Sugar]
For the Smoothie Bowl:
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 avocado (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegan collagen
- 1 teaspoon maca Powder
- 1 teaspoon mesquite powder (avoid if strictly paleo)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Blend your smoothie ingredients together!
- Top with whatever toppings you prefer.