Vegan Caramel Slice! You could never tell that this is vegan. It’s sweet, delicious, caramel, chocolatey goodness. This coconut condensed milk holds the bar together.
Caramel Bars [Vegan]
For the Base
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
For the Filling
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can of coconut condensed milk
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
For the Top Layer
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or sunflower oil
- For the base – mix together the ingredients with the melted vegan butter. Press into a brownie tin and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes on 360°F until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the caramel layer put all ingredients into a small pot and melt together. Set aside to cool and then pour over the base and back into the oven for 15 minutes (the filling should “set” in the oven). Once set remove and cool.
- For the top layer simply melt the chocolate in a bowl by placing it on top of a pot of boiling water. The two should not touch! Once your chocolate has melted pour it over the caramel layer and into the fridge to set. Once set, cut into bars or squares and enjoy.