These bars are one of the easiest things to shove in your bag for when you need a snack on the go. They hearty oat base is packed with oats, peanut butter, and coconut to make a bar that is delicious and will keep you going long after you've finished it. Plus, the simple homemade chocolate drizzled over the top makes them an extra special treat.
Caramel and Coconut Oat Bar With Homemade Chocolate [Vegan]
For the Oat Layer
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 1/2 tablespoons of gluten-free oats
- 3-4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
For the Chocolate:
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 340°F.
- Measure out the oats and peanut butter and set it aside. Put the oil and agave in the saucepan and let it boil for 30 seconds. Remove it from the heat and quickly whisk in the peanut butter.
- Stir in the oats and coconut and spoon the mixture into a 2-pound loaf tin. Bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the oat layer is cooling place the oil and agave in the saucepan and heat them until they’re melted.
- Whisk the cocoa powder in and pour the chocolate mixture over the oats. Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and refrigerate.