This version of cannelloni al Forno is just as cheesy and deliciously savory as the original, but it's completely dairy-free! Gluten-free cannelloni are stuffed with a savory mixture of quinoa, sautéed mushrooms and zucchini, diced tomatoes, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Then, they're topped with a layer of tomato sauce followed by a layer of vegan cheese shreds that get stretchy and melty in the oven. If you are looking for a stunning vegan pasta dish, look no further than to these cannelloni.
Cannelloni With Quinoa Mushroom Stuffing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 12 gluten-free cannelloni
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 1 8-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves pressed/minced
- 4 ounces vegan cheese shreds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 390°F,
- Cook the quinoa according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In the meantime, finely chop the mushrooms and zucchini. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the vegetables until soft. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the sautéed vegetables with the cooked quinoa. Fill the cannelloni with the mixture and transfer to a casserole dish.
- Season the tomato dices with salt and pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Pour over the cannelloni and cover with vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.