These vegan pancakes prove that Sunday breakfast can be classical, healthy and delicious at the same time. They are very easy to make and consist only of wholesome ingredients. By the way, these buckwheat pancakes are gluten-free too! So if you’re avoiding gluten, but still want to stick with the healthy classics, this recipe is a perfect match for you.
Buckwheat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of water (or unsweetened plant milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- coconut oil for baking (or olive oil)
- Soak the buckwheat and oats overnight in 2 glasses of water. Blend them in a food processor in the next day, add the banana and flaxseeds, blend again. Add cinnamon, vanilla powder and baking soda, stir well.
- Then heat the pan to medium heat and bake the pancakes in a coconut oil on both sides until golden. You can eat them with maple syrup, cacao nibs, blueberries or any other berries.