Without a doubt, waffles always make a perfect breakfast, brunch, or dinner. These fluffy waffles are made with quinoa and buckwheat flours, making them gluten-free and they're also free from refined sugar, save the topping. Serve these delicious multi-grain waffles with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar, fresh berries, and plenty of maple syrup.
Buckwheat and Quinoa Flour Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Buckwheat and Quinoa Flour Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 4 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oat milk
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Confectioner's sugar
- Berries of your choice
How to Prepare Buckwheat and Quinoa Flour Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, flaxseed, potato starch, baking powder, and salt. Mix well using a wire whisk to ensure all the ingredients are combined.
- Add in the vanilla, milk, agave, and oil, and mix again.
- Let the batter rest while the waffle maker is preheating, it is really important to let it sit for 8-10 minutes approximately. This way the mixture will become more elastic and the texture of the waffles will be better.
- Cook the waffles in a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, top with berries of your choice,and serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.