Without a doubt, waffles always make a perfect breakfast, brunch, or dinner. These fluffy waffles are made with quinoa and buckwheat flours, making them gluten-free and they're also free from refined sugar, save the topping. Serve these delicious multi-grain waffles with a sprinkle of confectioner's sugar, fresh berries, and plenty of maple syrup.
Buckwheat and Quinoa Flour Waffles [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 4 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oat milk
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Confectioner's sugar
- Berries of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, flaxseed, potato starch, baking powder, and salt. Mix well using a wire whisk to ensure all the ingredients are combined.
- Add in the vanilla, milk, agave, and oil, and mix again.
- Let the batter rest while the waffle maker is preheating, it is really important to let it sit for 8-10 minutes approximately. This way the mixture will become more elastic and the texture of the waffles will be better.
- Cook the waffles in a waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, top with berries of your choice,and serve warm.