While roasted Brussels sprouts are a delicacy of their own, the green veggies are stir-fried in this recipe, making the process much quicker and easier. Nothing too fancy is required to stir-fry them, just a bit of salt and pepper and a zing of lemon if you desire. Top with some coconut flakes and dried cranberries for a lovely flavor contrast.
Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry [Vegan]
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
How to Prepare Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry [Vegan]
- Wash and remove any loose leaves on the Brussels sprouts, trim the ends off, and halve each Brussels sprout.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place coconut shreds onto a metal baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- While the coconut shreds are roasting in the oven, heat a sauté pan over high heat. Add oil after the pan is hot and then wait 15 seconds until the oil is hot. Reduce the heat to medium and add the halved Brussels sprouts with the cut-side down. Stir occasionally until the cut sides are golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and salt to the sauté pan, continue to stir for another 2 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts start to soften. Add lemon juice if desired.
- Turn off heat. Toss in roasted coconut shreds and cranberries.
- Serve hot.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Brussels Sprouts
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.