This boozy watermelon hibiscus refresher is designed for sipping on the front porch or under a tree with a group of friends. It’s incredibly easy to make, miraculously refreshing, and watermelon and hibiscus make for perfect bedfellows. You’ll want to drink this all summer long.
Boozy Watermelon Hibiscus Refresher [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of hibiscus flowers
- 1 bottle white Zinfandel
- 8 cups watermelon chunks
- Place the water in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it's boiling, add the hibiscus flowers and remove from the mixture from heat.
- Let it sit, covered, for one hour. Discard the flowers.
- Pour the hibiscus juice into a blender along with the white zin and watermelon chunks. You will probably have to work in batches.
- Once everything is all blended up, there will be lots and lots of foam. You can either let it sit for awhile and let the foam settle, or you can strain it through a mesh sieve. Keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to use it. If both the watermelon chunks and the white wine were chilled before you started, it’s ready for use right away.
- Serve the boozy hibiscus refresher in a big icy pitcher.