Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms such an awesome pair! There are many ways to cook this and the outcome is always great.
Bok Choy With Shiitake Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 large pack baby bok choy, cleaned and cut in half
- 7 pieces dried shiitake, rehydrated and sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peanut oil
- Heat oil using high heat in a wok, then stir-fry and cook the shiitake mushrooms for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots then stir-fry until fragrant and garlic turns light brown.
- Add the baby bok choy, pour the soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, and sugar then continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes or until bok choy is cooked and wilted. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.