This bohemian summer salad is the perfect meal to cool off with on a hot summer day; it's light, filling, and fresh. The assorted greens are augmented with crisp radishes, crunchy nuts, ripe berries, creamy avocado, and a sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing. Then the whole thing is topped off with a tender ear of grilled corn.
Bohemian Summer Salad with Grilled Corn [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Bohemian Summer Salad with Grilled Corn [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Corn:
- 2 large ears of fresh corn, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of smoked paprika powder
For the Salad:
- 7 oz sprout mix
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 1/3 oz mixed salad leaves (arugula, red lettuce, green lettuce, red chard, bull’s blood leaves)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted mix nuts and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, cashews, walnuts, etc.)
- 7 oz vegan feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How To Make Bohemian Summer Salad with Grilled Corn [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Start the dressing by whisking the mustard, one tablespoon of agave, and balsamic vinegar; while whisking, gradually add olive oil until it's emulsified. Adjust agave amount, adding more if desired for a sweeter taste, then season it with salt and black pepper.
- Chill the dressing in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the salad.
- Bring a large pasta pot full of water to boil. When water is boiling, drop the corn in the water. Cook it for 15 minutes or until corn is cooked.
- Drain the corn in a colander and allow it to cool down.
- Brush the corn with a little bit of olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place it on a barbecue or in a preheated pan and cook it, turning the cobs until they're lightly toasted. Transfer this to the serving dish and sprinkle it with chopped parsley and smoked paprika.
- In a large salad bowl, assemble the salad, toss together the salad leaves, strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, radishes, tomatoes, and vegan feta cheese.
- Stir in the mix sprouts.
- Add half of the vinaigrette and toss the salad gently.
- Finally, top the salad with sliced avocado (if you're using them), nuts, and seeds and serve it with the remaining vinaigrette and grilled corn on the side.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 2638 | Total Carbs: 221 g | Total Fat: 188 g | Total Protein: 48 g | Total Sodium: 1298 g | Total Sugar: 92 g Calculation not including salt.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile