This bohemian summer salad is the perfect meal to cool off with on a hot summer day; it's light, filling, and fresh. The assorted greens are augmented with crisp radishes, crunchy nuts, ripe berries, creamy avocado, and a sweet and tangy honey mustard dressing then, the whole thing is topped off with a tender ear of grilled corn.
Bohemian Summer Salad With Grilled Corn [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Corn:
- 2 large ears of fresh corn, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch of smoked paprika powder
For the Salad:
- 7 ounces sprout mix
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 1/3 ounces mix salad leaves (arugula, red lettuce, green lettuce, red chard, bull’s blood leaves)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted mix nuts and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, cashews, walnuts, etc.)
- 7 ounces vegan feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Star the dressing by whisking the mustard, one tablespoon of agave, and balsamic vinegar; while whisking, gradually add in olive oil until it's emulsified. Adjust agave amount adding more if desired for a sweeter taste, then season it with salt and black pepper.
- Chill the dressing in the refrigerator while you make the rest of the salad. Bring a large pasta pot full of water to boil.When water is boiling, drop the corn in the water. Cook it for 15 minutes or until corn is cooked.
- Drain the corn in a colander and allow it to cool down.
- Brush the corn with a little bit of olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place it on a barbecue or in a preheated pan and cook it, turning the cobs, until they're lightly toasted. Transfer this to the serving dish and sprinkle it with chopped parsley and smoked paprika.
- To assemble the salad, in a large salad bowl, toss together the salad leaves, strawberries, blueberries, nectarines, radishes, tomatoes, and vegan feta cheese.
- Stir in the mix sprouts.
- Add half of the vinaigrette and toss the salad gently.
- Finally, top the salad with sliced avocado (if you're using them), nuts, and seeds and serve it with the remaining vinaigrette and grilled corn on the side.