Only one bowl and 8 simple ingredients are needed to make these healthy blueberry scones. Filled with blueberries, they are ready in only 30 minutes! This recipe is something you can make early in the week, to have to snack on. Or it is a great recipe to make for friends coming over for brunch or for your family at breakfast.
Blueberry Scones [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Scones [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 cups all buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, plus more for topping
- 6 tablespoons room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
How to Prepare Blueberry Scones [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chilled coconut oil and cut into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the nut milk and almond extract and gently mix (not too rough)
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Knead the dough a few times then add to a floured surface and roll out into 1 inch thick circle.
- Slice into 8 scones and transfer to baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.