Being vegan I do get questioned about protein from time to time. Vegan, plant-based sources of protein are just as easy to come by and assimilate though. Foods such as hemp seeds, chia seeds, and vegan protein powders are wonderful for a vegan diet and will indeed give you the protein hit your body needs! Add a handful of activated nuts into the mix and you have yourself a real power bowl!
Blueberry Hempseed Protein Smoothie Bowl [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- ¼ cup of blueberries
- ¼ of a zucchini sliced
- ¼ of a ripe avocado
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavored raw vegan protein powder
- ½- ¾ cup of almond or coconut milk (depending on how thick you like your smoothie bowl!
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy in a high speed blender, adding enough liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with goji berries, cacao nibs and if you like, your favourite nuts!